May 23, 2011
What is being done?
Cardiff Portal will be taken out of service to perform emergency maintenance work required following the Site 2 datacentre shutdown. Please note that there is a small risk to other services whilst this work is undertaken.
When is it being done?
Tuesday 24th May, 10am – 2pm
Who will be affected?
All users of Cardiff Portal.
How will this affect users?
During the service outage, if a user attempts to log in to Cardiff Portal they will be presented with a maintenance page containing alternative links to all services usually accessed through Cardiff Portal (Mail, Learning Central, Voyager etc). We would strongly recommend that users log out of Cardiff Portal prior to 10am, otherwise they will lose connectivity and risk losing data.
Why is it being done?
Since the IT services will be running “at risk” during this time due to electrical work, this is being used as an opportunity to perform upgrades necessary to bring Cardiff Portal back into line with the monthly release cycle. This will enable us to provide enhancements to the service in the future.
March 12, 2009
You can set yourself up with security questions on the MWE so that in the event of a forgotton password you can reset the password yourself.
To set up your security questions
- Login to mwe.cf.ac.uk
- Click preferences in the tab on the top of the screen.
- A box on the right should appear ‘Set up Security Questions’
- You need to fill in one required question and two of the random questions set out.
- Click save Answers.
Then, in the event that you forget your password….follow the instructions below.
If you have forgotten your password:
- From the login screen in www.mwe.cf.ac.uk, click Forgotten Password below the Log in button. You will be redirected to the Password Management Page.
- Click the Forgotten Password link.
- Enter your username in the User ID field and click Search.
- Answer the security questions that you have previously set up and click Check Hints. Your password has now been reset.
- Enter and confirm a new password, then click Change Password.
- Wait while your new password is registered.
- You should now be able to login to the MWE Portal using your new password.