You can set yourself up with security questions on the MWE so that in the event of a forgotton password you can reset the password yourself.
To set up your security questions
- Login to mwe.cf.ac.uk
- Click preferences in the tab on the top of the screen.
- A box on the right should appear ‘Set up Security Questions’
- You need to fill in one required question and two of the random questions set out.
- Click save Answers.
Then, in the event that you forget your password….follow the instructions below.
If you have forgotten your password:
- From the login screen in www.mwe.cf.ac.uk, click Forgotten Password below the Log in button. You will be redirected to the Password Management Page.
- Click the Forgotten Password link.
- Enter your username in the User ID field and click Search.
- Answer the security questions that you have previously set up and click Check Hints. Your password has now been reset.
- Enter and confirm a new password, then click Change Password.
- Wait while your new password is registered.
- You should now be able to login to the MWE Portal using your new password.